Topic Brainstorm

After doing a little research on different storybook ideas, I really like the stories Dante's Inferno,  Alice in Wonderland, Nursery Rhymes from the British Unit, and Myths of the Cherokee.

First off, I LOVE DANTE'S INFERNO! It is one of my favorite trilogies that I have read and I love to see all the details within this story! I would create my storybook around the different levels of Inferno and the meaning of that level. Yeah this might be a lot to cover, but it would be an interesting story to cover. 
Dante's Levels of Inferno 
The Alice in Wonderland story has always been interesting to me because there is so much hidden details in it. I have heard that every person in the story represents a disorder or a problem that occurs within people. I would focus on the story line and more information about the symbolic meaning behind that specific person. This is a story I have heard of growing up, but I don't know the full story and would like to know more about it. 

Alice 
I like the British section because it would let me find out more information about the nursery rhymes I grew up hearing. The storybook I would create would center around different nursery rhymes that are sung or tongue twisters that are said. These are all songs and sayings that we grew up with, but don't really know where they come from. There are many of them with dark sides and meanings to them that I find very interesting. 

British Nursery Rhyme "Mother Goose" 
I really like the Myths of the Cherokees because they share so much culture with the Choctaw Nation (Which is my tribe)! Their stories go hand and hand with a few things that are different! This would allow me to dig deeper into my own culture and Native roots. Focusing on a few stories and finding a lot of information on them, would allow me to pass on more information my children when they ask about our culture. The Choctaws have a very similar story to the Cherokee's How The World Was Made, which is one of the stories I would write about. 

Smokey Mountains 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: The Ghost Who Wrestled with a Man